Position: Engineering Services Manager
Line Manager: Managing Director
Responsible for the delivery of effective strategic objectives as well as managing the day to day operations and engineering services of the company. Under general direction, plan, direct, supervise, manage and coordinate the activities and work of the engineering units.
Key Result Areas
- Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Direct, review, and approve product design and changes.
- Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Prepare budgets, bids, and contracts, and direct the negotiation of research contracts.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services. 13) Set scientific and technical goals within broad outlines provided by top management.
- Administer highway planning, construction, and maintenance.
- Direct the engineering of water control, treatment, and distribution projects.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate survey work with other staff activities, certifying survey work, and writing land legal descriptions.
- Confer with and report to officials and the public to provide information and solicit support for projects.
Qualification: HND/BSC/Masters + Professional Qualification
Years of Experience: Minimum of 10 years. Click here to apply.
Application closes February 24, 2017.