Qualification: Good first degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or other discipline from a reputable institution
Experience: A minimum of 3 years
Critical Values for success:
· Self-motivation, determination and confidence in your abilities
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Numeracy and a strong aptitude for mathematics
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity
· ability to think objectively and demonstrate sound judgement;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good presentation and report writing skills
Roles and responsibilities
· Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
· Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
· Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
· Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
· Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
· Ensure procedures, policies, legislation and regulations are correctly followed and complied with
· Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
· Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
· Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
· Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
· Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
Deadline is August 11, 2017. Interested? Apply here.
Fill out the form to subscribe to our newsletter. Keep up to date with VLA news and job updates.